Big Finish Magazine was a promotional audio magazine by and about Big Finish Productions, published for 14 issues from 2001-2009. Each issue was published as an audio CD in a cardboard slipcase, given away free with subscriptions to the main range of Doctor Who audio stories as well as other CD purchases from Big Finish. The magazine's content consisted of interviews, behind-the-scenes information, and previews of upcoming audio productions.
The magazine was published sporadically, releasing from one to three issues per year. Its content has been superseded by Big Finish's monthly print/web magazine Vortex as well as the Big Finish Podcast.
Released with the audio story Nekromanteia.
1. Sarah Jane Smith - Behind the Scenes with the first solo adventures for, aguably, the Doctor's most popular companion; but since the first adventure was recorded last. this provided an excellent opportunity for an overall apraisal of the series. Interviews with Elisabeth Sladen and Jeremy James (who performs his Doctor Who Greatest Hits!).
2. Benny and Iris - Nicholas Briggs stumbles into the loo at Moat Studios, but escapes in time to interview Lisa Bowerman and Katy Manning. Watch out for tips on microphone adjustment!
3. Judge Dredd - Interviews with all the major players in Big Finish's 2000AD audio action, including a mind-blowing trailer.
4. Doctor Who - Ian Farrington is in the chair for in-depth interviews with Caroline Morris (Erimem) and Nicola Bryant (Peri... and Queen Anne!). Also featuring a trailer for Nekromanteia.
5. Jubilee - Heard the one about a Doctor Who CD overrunning? Directors Nick Briggs and Rob Shearman (also the scribe) discuss and listen to the scenes that had to be cut.
6. Dalek Empire - With Dalek Empire II: Dalek War now beginning, Nicholas Briggs rummages through the interviews John Ainsworth conducted during the studio sessions for the first series. Sarah Mowat, Mark McDonnell and Gareth Thomas feature.
Has Prerequisite Story
0 out of 2 (0.0%) raters
say this story requires a previous story.