Rules of Conduct
- Summer 2022 Updated Codes of Conduct also known as Rules. To use The Time Scales you agree to the following.
- The Time Scales is a family friendly site. If content that you post is not family friendly it will be removed along with your account. Period. Always keep in mind when posting reviews is that children may read The Time Scales. If you are unable to participate in a respectful and responsible manner then you will not be welcome to participate in The Time Scales community.
- Please treat each other with respect. All opinions regarding stories are welcome. Please do not criticize other people's viewpoints in the reviews. Please leave constructive feedback in your reviews. If you would care to debate with other members, use the Outpost Gallifrey Forums, not The Time Scales Reviews.
- Posting of "Garbage". When giving a story a low rating there are requirements for a certain length of a review to explain. Bypassing this requirement by copying and pasting 'garbage', non communicative and repetitive text is not allowed. The first instance of such will result in a brief suspension and removal of said 'garbage' and a second offense will result in an account ban.
- Please note the next version of this website will allow visitors to filter out all ratings that do not have an accompanying review. You are highly encouraged to include reviews with your ratings.
- Bullying of other members is not allowed in any way, shape or form. If you cannot be respectful towards other people and/or your review contains offensive wording or attacks on other members, your account may be purged. Bullying of other Doctor Who fans has been commonplace on some of the largest Internet forums for many years and it will no longer be tolerated in 2021 and beyond.
- Racially offensive content is explicitly banned. As a reference point this Wikipedia list contains more than most people may be aware of and we will use and enforce it even when a non-obvious issue may arise; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs
- Sexually offensive content is explicitly banned. As a reference point this Wikipedia list contains more than most people may be aware of and we will use and enforce it even when a non-obvious issue may arise; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT-related_slurs
- Users are responsible for backing up their own data. While The Time Scales does make and retain backups of data, we are not responsible for your data. If you want to retain backups of your data, keep your own backups.
- Inciting violence is not allowed. If you threaten someone or incite violence your account will be purged after a report to law enforcement is made.
- Finally, have fun. Use humor. Smile. Be constructive. Think about how your review can help others in the same way that their reviews can help you. Do enjoy!
- Posting of misinformation regarding Covid-19 is not allowed. Posting misinformation regarding Covid-19 will result in an account suspension and a second violation will result in account removal.
- All fans of Big Finish, Doctor Who and other Science Fiction series are welcome to share their reviews.
- Please use the story review pages for story reviews only. The Time Scales is intended for story reviews. If you post something which is not a review of the story itself, depending on the content you will be contacted to correct your error or your account will be purged. If you do not correct the action within a reasonable amount of time, as opposed to the violation itself being removed, your entire account will be removed. It is understandable for human error to result in saying something wrong and realizing it later. For that reason we will try to be fair and give you a chance to correct your actions, leaving account removal as a last resort to remove your offending content.